Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm not going to lie to you, it's a second morning of self-inflicted pain. I could certainly get used to the free booze and free food, but I suspect my vital organs might not.

Bumped in to a couple of friends, one from Loughborough University, the other being Helen Simmons, former Vice President of NUS, both of whom were in fine form.

Is anyone else getting bored of the "after 18 years of Tory rule" stuff? I must have heard it 20 times in the last 48 hours. Nobody in the party denies the economic mismanagement and general alround incompetence of the Tories (both now and then), but that regime ended 10 years ago, and using such a quote is just self-indulgent and lazy.

For too long it's been a "get out of jail free card" statement. If you're asked a question you can't answer, you say "well don't forget how rubbish the Tories were". Yawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home